Thank you readers!

My apologies! College finals were the past few weeks. I am working hard to get a post out as soon as possible.

Friday, April 4, 2014

Do We Live in a Virtual World?



According the the Wall Street Journal, Facebook recently bought the company Oculus for $2 billion. Oculus specializes in immersive virtual reality products. Their most recent product, Oculus Rift, has been receiving a lot of hype since Facebook's purchase and seems to have high expectations of where this technology could lead.










































Although the Oculus Rift seems like a great technological advancement, what problems may it present in the future? As of right now, Oculus created the goggles for video gaming; like Halo, Call of Duty, and other action games with high action movement.

 From where I stand that seems to be only the beginning of the Oculus Rift. With an ever increasing amount of teens participating in online communities like Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and more. I believe that with technology, like the Oculus VR, teens will be given an ever greater ability to immerse themselves within virtual reality. I see a problem with this.

How many hours of the day, do we, do I, spend on social networking sites? Probably more than most of us can count. Imagine how much more time could be spent in a realm not displayed in 2D but in 3D! Other than the knowledge that it is not real, the experience is convincing and forgetting about reality is just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Please jump into the world of virtual space with me and share your own thoughts and ideas of where this technology may take us. Beam us up, Scotty!







19 comments:

  1. Very interesting, The future is here.
    Imagine we will have contact lenses for it or a chip under our skin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen amazing changes since the "invention" of the Internet during the 1980s, 90s and now the past two decades. Social media has taken over the world for good and bad. I honestly can't imagine what the next 10 years will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really glad people are involved and pay attention to social media and new technology that comes out in support of the media. I agree that it is both good and bad; that is what scares me and fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so interesting. I had not heard of Oculus before this but this will definitely change a lot as far as technology and virtual reality is concerned. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty amazing! I can't wait to see all of the technology that the future brings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad technology can help with our business and getting our name out there through social media.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so new to technology, but loving every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving Pinterest & Facebook to connect me and my business.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow very interesting, I am IT instructor and handling a trends subject, i will share this to my students.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting article. I like change. I always welcome new technology that improves our lives

    ReplyDelete
  11. I see many opportunities for industry in this technology from medical to net meetings. More than just teenagers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting! SO many interesting things come from technology. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had not heard of Oculus. I just checked the video and WOW! Technology is moving forward FAST! I personally love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is very interesting! There are so many things coming out that I didn't even know about! Technology is crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do worry about the younger generation being so immersed in technology and spending so much time on social media. I fear we will have a generation(s) that won't be able to communicate with living beings face to face.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is scary for the parents.. That is why i don't buy gadgets on my kids and help them with activities and sports rather than hanging out of social medias. Thank you reminding! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a great post that should be shared with teens.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I wish that teens were more monitored and some of these like ask.fm are so bad and shouldn't even be allowed. Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish that the schools in our district didn't rely so much on technology because they have so much access to other things they don't need in social media when they aren't mature enough to handle it.

    ReplyDelete

Questions, Ideas, Quality Control?
Leave your comments here!